K and I visited Seattle for a long weekend trip to visit friends and attend a wedding. Food and drink highlights included:
* K’s beer sampler at the Pike Brewing Company in Pike’s Place Market. The lighter beers were the winners, the “kilt lifter” apparently didn’t lift his kilt enough.
* My salmon chowder at Cutter’s Bay House restaurant and the Chai-tini I had there with dessert.
* The Saffron Sour drink at Vessel — a very modern, cocktail alchemy establishment. K’s “Dragon’s Blood” drink, featuring a very smoky Scotch, was not a winner for me. Tasted like licking a horse saddle.
* The wonderful, creamy squash risotto with spring vegetables served family style across the long, candlelit farm tables at the wedding.
* The rich, smoky chunks of fish on my smoked salmon and creme fraiche flatbread and K’s crisp and salty fries at Taste at the Seattle Art Museum.
Next time we visit, I think we’ll spend a day just eating our way through Pike’s Place Market. Thanks for the memories, Seattle!